Sunday 13 January 2013

The Judgement of Paris - Colouring

I wanted the colouring to look more natural than it did in the rough, so instead of adding layers of flat digital colour, I painted a layer of watercolour using the lightbox. I then put added this beneath the linework, as I would with digital colour. It takes a while to line everything up after this, and it was enhanced here and there with digital colour (particularly, for instance, around the cheeks, ears, and the tips of the noses), but overall gives a much nicer finish.


The watercolour layer (with a bonus Trojan Horse!)


 
Line witth watercolour - at this point the watercolour has been lined up with the characters on the right, it is still off on the left hand side. I also noticed I had forgotten to paint Eris's cloak all the way - this had to be pattern-stamped in!

Lining up the watercolour with the line, and adding enhancements with digital colour



 

No comments:

Post a Comment